Aiden helped me make a smoothie. Anxious to try it, he asked how it tasted. I did a taste test and said (facetiously), "It tastes pretty gross!"
Aiden: "Let me try! No it doesn't! It taste-es Van-Tastic!"
-------------------------------------
While watching the kids for the babysitting swap
Me: Brigham, move your hand or I'll get peanut butter on it. Then you'll look like a sandwich and we'll have to eat you for lunch.
Devon: You can't eat him, he's my brother!
Brigham: Devon, you're my brother.
Devon: No, I'm your brother.
Brigham: Yeah, you're my brother.
Devon: No, I'm your brother.
------------------------------------------
Aiden (saying the dinner prayer): "Heavenly Father, please bless this food that it won't eat us if it becomes a monster. "
--------------------------------------------
Chris (at Family Home Evening~we were having a lesson on honesty): "Do you know what another name for Satan is?"
Kolbi: "Ooh Ooh! I know! CHRISTOPHER! (Sees the look on dad's face, knows that's not right) No, I mean LUCIFER!" (This is the 2nd time she's mixed that up by the way)
Chris: "Oooa-kaay! The answer I was looking for was 'The father of all lies'. But thank you for that Kolbi."
--------------------------------------
Driving home from church, Aiden shows us the picture he drew in class.
Aiden: "It's a monster to get through ducks and walls and mountains and words and I wish Jesus would give me tons of money."
Dad: (suppressing a smile) "Why?"
Aiden: "So I can have tons of money."
---------------------------------------------
Jonah was throwing a fit about something at the dinner table. I made a sad and pouty face (because I'm such a good parent I resort to mockery)
Jonah: "Why are YOU being a whiner?"
Me: "Because I have such a good tutor (pointing to Jonah)."
Kids: **giggle, giggle, Snicker!**
Jonah: "I'm not a tooter!"
Chris: (giving me a reproving look) "You've got to watch how you phrase things around these guys. (turning to the kids) A tutor is a teacher."
Kids: **Ba! Ha! Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!***
Me: "Way to go hon!"
----------------------------------------------
Yet another discussion at the dinner table. I can't remember how it started, but Chris was trying to explain to Kolbi the difference between a name and a nickname.
Chris: (somewhat frustrated because all other attempts to explain had failed to get through) "Ok, Your name is Kolbi. But if we were to call you 'meathead', then THAT would be your nickname."
Kids: **giggle, giggle, giggle!**
Kolbi: "Ha! Ha! Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!" (Falls off chair) "Meathead!"
11 comments:
love the quotes....you kids are so funny!
ok that would have been great if I worn that shirt...I will go back and re-take:) the pic was taken in my brother's apt clubhouse in las colinas...quite the party pad...you know those single kids get all the fun!
cya later gator
grapevine mills mall...has a ice rink:) I want to roller skate sometime soon:) talk about retro!
Funny kids!! :)
Kids are the best. Thanks for sharing! It's always good to have a little chuckle.
Okay, so about the whole glue thing...Jonah was right, I admit, I did eat some glue on Sunday (very embarrassing.) But I think he missed my grossed out face before the smile. I had a bit of glue on my fingers and licked them to take some of the stick away. Just wanted to clarify so you don't think I'm an insane, glue lover!! Man, I hope Jonah pays as much attention to my lessons as he does my little quirks. Very cute!!
How funny! It's great to record their hilarious comments, because they will enjoy them even more when they're older.
Those crack me up esp. the tutor/tooter one.
Your family makes me laugh. I love that you're one of the instigators.
Those are hilarious, I wish I kept better track of some of the funny conversations we have with our little one...they're priceless! Thanks for the giggle!
loved the "puke-a-palooza" classic
did anyone else do it that day besides that one kid sin primary...no wait I dont want to know;)
cya
where have you been girl? miss u
Post a Comment