Sometimes, when my children ask me what else they can have, I reply, "You can have a beating." Jonah has come to think this is quite fun. He tells the others, in whispered tones, "a beating means you get tickled".
This morning at breakfast he asked and I replied with the usual "You can have a beating." In a very resigned, monotone voice he says, "Ok mom. I'd like a beating. Take me out of my chair and into the living room and you can beat me good. Oh wait, let me clean my face first, then you can beat me."
I had to giggle. If CPS could hear us now! Hopefully they don't have the place bugged or they'll be knocking down my door any second now.
3 comments:
My heart actually stopped when I read your title..I would so choose a different word:P CPS scares me! ...glad to know everything is ok though:)
Hey, I talk like that too and CPS visits me regularly, lol! Unfortunately, my children (mainly Rachel) repeat such "inside jokes" to their classmates who don't really get it and think they are serious. LOL.
I like that reply "you can have a beating." I'm going to have to try that at home. :)
Post a Comment