Feb 5, 2008

Stubborn to the mat!

Jonah was calling his brother stubborn. Actually he was saying "Stubbort", but, being the incredibly clever mom that I am and being so up on monkey-speak, I knew what he was getting at.

"Do you even know what stubborn means Jonah?" I asked.

"Do you?" He replied (isn't he sweet?)

Me: "Let's look it up my friend. Go get the dictionary"

The definition is this: Unreasonably, often perversely unyielding; bullheaded. Firmly resolved or determined; resolute. Difficult to treat or deal with; resistant to treatment or effort.

Jonah: "I don't even know what any of that means!"

Me: "It means someone who won't do anything they don't want to do. That's you! Stubborn to the max!"

Jonah: "You're stubborn to the mat!"

4 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

Hey Jonah...I'm stubborn to the mat too! =)

Valerie said...

That Jonah is soooo cute! I like the part in the definition -- "often perversely unyielding." What a way to describe it!

Amy Pennington said...

haha! oh and I love your muzack!

Meredith said...

That's so cute...I can't wait to hear some little conversations like that between Syd & her little sister, I'm looking forward to it! :) Kids say the funniest things....glad I can get on your blog now, last time I looked at it I think it was private or something so this is fun! :)