Feb 23, 2008

I've been living in a time capsule

Ok, so we're so frugal (er, cheap. Ok, poor) that we don't/won't pay for cable. As a result, we are left to a cheap pair of rabbit ears to keep us connected to tv-land. Only about 3 of the channels do we get in clearly. To remedy the situation, keep up with the shows we like, and get a distracting break from life at the end of the day, we are signed up with the cheapest blockbuster program available and get a lot of shows for free from the library.

Having explained all of this, my point is, we are behind on all of the shows--at least 1 season behind since that's how long it takes for the shows to come out on dvd. I know we're behind, and I know we're missing things, but what I want to know is when did Little Ricky Schroeder (who we've been watching on the 6th season of 24 )

turn 80!!!


I also hear he's LDS? Seriously, where have I been?

7 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

what a cutie!!!! I have never seen 24 so I must be behind the times too!

Valerie said...

I love 24! And am very sad that due to the strike it's not on right now. I always looked forward to Monday nights.

Julie said...

Huh? I didn't get the joke. I've never seen 24, but I know Ricky Schroder's closer to our age (okay, a little bit older than that) -- born 1970.

About cable/over-the-air -- do you have an HD receiver? NOTHING came in on our TV in San Antonio, not even with the step up from rabbit ears, with the HD receiver. Had to get an $80 antenna and stick it up in the attic. Even at that price, it's a lot cheaper than cable, etc., especially at the rate we watch TV. Channel 2, which includes WB -- I mean CW -- (Smallville...) doesn't broadcast over the air!

I found out they only change the programs on PBS Kids every 18 months. My kids are so bored with the 14 episodes of each show they keep repeating, they won't watch it anymore. And the library here is pretty sorry. We miss Norman's programming and definitely their library. Whatever happened to Saturday morning cartoons? They are only on from 9am till 11am and all geared towards girls AND whose kids wait till 9am to get up???

monkie mama said...

Ok, I guess I'm the only evil person who thinks he looks really old now. That's what I get for having a sick sense of humor. :)

Leisha Mareth said...

He DOES look old. Ick. I've heard he's LDS too...there is a website that lists famous Mormons...I'll have to go find it. We didn't buy cable either for the first 5 or 6 years of our marriage...(saving for adoptions!)so I understand. We didn't even do dvd's so I never knew what anyone was talking about. At least you're still up with the shows.

Heidi said...

We've never had cable, either. I kind of like it, even though I'm behind the times.

Emmalee said...

Some people just don't believe in plastic surgery!!! I don't know if you know this but pretty much every TV station has a web site and you can watch all the current TV shows and episodes online with pretty much no commericals. Just FYI.