As I received the news of President Hinkley's passing on Sunday night, I felt a strange mix of emotions. He has been the prophet for most of my life. His passing is a milestone in my life's journey. Yet, with all of the emotions, I can feel no sorrow. Two emotions loom large for me. Gratitude and joy. I feel so much gratitude for the many years of service he rendered to the Church, to the world, to the work. He gave so selflessly for his entire life and accomplished so much, especially in the field of temple building and dedications. I'm grateful for his example, the kind and beautiful ways he represented the Savior and taught me His words. But my most powerful emotion is joy. My abiding thought is that he is finally reunited with his sweet Marjorie. How much joy he must be feeling! Who could be more ready to meet his Maker than President Hinkley?
My friend sent a beautiful video that reminded me of how many years of selfless service he gave, and how many temples he dedicated/had built, and how much the whole world will be blessed in priceless and eternal ways from his hard work and dedication.
"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know a new satisfaction, a new gladness in your heart."
Farewell dear President Hinkley! Though, I know you will still be working as hard as always, I pray you will find peace and joy in the presence of long-lost loved ones. You will be missed!
2 comments:
I love the video. It brought a tear to my eye.
dont we love pres hinkley!!!
Post a Comment