Uuuuuuggghh! I feel yucky! We all seem to have missed the gamboo that Jonah had (yeah baby!) but I caught something else. I think it's the gothitbyamacktruck virus. Certainly not deadly, but NOT comfortable either. Mostly I've only been feeling yucky at night for the past 3 days. After the kids go to bed (and I finally get to catch my breath), I start feeling achy/coughy/sniffy and when I wake up I feel the same. But after a few hours of being up and about it would subside. Not today! I've been dragging around like a zombie. Uuugghh, I need a nap!
Actually, I told Chris I wasn't sick, that I was just faking because I knew he found the raspy voice and the smoker's cough dang sexy. I don't think he believed me though cause when I leaned in for a smooch he put on a gas mask. A fine how do you do!
So today my house is going to pot. I've got so much to do, but I'm such a slow poke today I'll never get it all done. And unfortunately, my chillins feel just fine and are way to energetic and trouble-making for my taste. Calgon, take me away . . . .
***as an addendum to this post, I must say that I feel loved. I Visit Teach a lovely lady, whom I have adored since the first Sunday she taught Jonah's Sunbeams class shortly after we moved here. She was the only one who could get my shy guy to release his vice-like grip on my now-wrinkled/tear-stained skirt to go it a-la-big-boy style to class. Under her wing, my guy became brave and started enjoying going to church (which means so did I). She will forever hold a special place in my heart and now I get to be her visiting teacher. Sadly, I have been a very poor one--something seemed to always come up to keep me from visiting her consistently (usually my monkeys getting sick the morning of our appointment--aargh!). When I do get to visit her, I have such a wonderful time talking with her and have so much fun with her kiddos (who are SO adorable), I feel I must be getting more out of our rendezvous than she. Well, I spoke to her today and she could hear how pathetic I sound. She promptly offered to pick up the grade-school monkeys so I could have a break. My inner guilt-monster immediately apparated onto my shoulder and ordered me to refuse, but the little shoulder angel (who incidentally looks like and talks like a mini-Chris) told me to "Just let someone actually help you out once in a while, for heaven sakes!" I listened to the winged one. I'm letting her pick up my monkeys, and I am enjoying a few free moments to, of all things, blog (followed by more cleaning up of my incredibly messy house while the baby is sleeping). Does it count as visiting teaching if the visiting teachee does all the work?
1 comment:
awwweeee! what a great person you vt. That is so nice...usually you listen the devil when I ask if I can help:)
Post a Comment