Apr 16, 2010

The cluelessness of Mom

Zoe has taken notice of my appearance lately. She notices when my hair is undone or unruly and she tells me that I didn't do a good job, only she does a good job. Then she runs to get the hairbrush to fix her poor, clueless mom.

This morning, I had my hair pulled back in a sloppy bun with an assortment of clips in my hair to keep my bangs out of the way so I could wash and apply make-up to my face. I looked decidedly Medusa-like I'll admit. Zoe walked into the bathroom, climbed up on the step stool and watched intently for a few minutes.

"Mom, you look weird!"
She states.

"Thanks a lot Zoe, that's very sweet of you to say"
I reply facetiously.

Obviously flummoxed that her subtle hint didn't make it through my thick skull, she puts her hands on her hips and says "Weird means NOT pretty."

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oh that is so funny, makes me laugh and laugh. I love the things kids say!!!