The monkies love the Chipmunks Movie soundtrack and know most of the songs (the ones I let them listen to anyways). One is a remake of Funkytown that's quite fun. We were driving around and Zoe was singing "tak-a-wow-ee, tak-a-wow-wee" for the "Talk about it" part. Aiden turns to her and says, in a rather know-it-all manner. "Zoe. That's NOT how it goes. It says, (singing) "Taco-belly, taco-belly, taco-belly, ooo-yea!."
____________________
We had a "cheat day" (our one night a week where we eat junk food ~ to find out why we're so strict on it, see this) . The next day Jonah was complaining that his tummy hurt.
Me: "It's probably the pizza you ate last night Bud. Your body hates it."
Dad: "It's called inflamation."
Aiden: "infer-bacon?"
Dad: "That's right Aiden, Infer-bacon."
______________________________________
Aiden was getting into something he wasn't supposed to and Chris called him on it. Aiden turns around and says, "I know, I know. Calm down and you can have a sucker."
_______________________________________
Zoe and I were working on summer workbooks and her page was about matching. She was kind of struggling to understand so I was trying to help. She had a sticker banana and her choices were a row of clothes, a row of toys and a row of food. I asked, "Zoe, do we wear a banana?" She looks at me, puts her hands on her hips, and states, "No mom, dat's just cwazy."
______________________________________
Zoe was psyched to go swimming in the XL kiddie pool we're sporting over here and she was prancing about in her swimsuit (or "swimsoup" as she calls it). It has a little bow on it that rests in the middle of her back. She skipped into the room and whilst flapping the bow with her little hands, announced, "Mom, I have wings on my swimsoup so I can fry!"
____________________________________________
Zoe was sitting on a bench on the back porch with me. She astutely observed, "Mom iss I stand up here, den I will fall down dere and den I will get my shirt all dirty."
Me: "Um, Yea! And get BIG ouches!"
Zoe: "Yesh, and dat will be cweepy (creepy)!
______________________________________
Mimi was setting up a game of Memory for Aiden. He wanted someone to play with him so he was complaining, "This is too hard. I can't do this by myself."
Mimi: "I'm going to set you up because I know you can do this."
Me: "What are you talking about Aiden, You kick my booty at that game all the time!"
Aiden: (whispering aside to Mimi) "That's cause I cheat."
_____________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment