May 1, 2009

Time to potty train? AAAAAGGGGHHH!!

Ok, so Zoe is almost 3. Don't even get me started on how insane it is that my baby is almost three because it blows my mind and frankly a gentle breeze makes my brain hurt.

I haven't made a big deal about potty training. After 3 kids, I don't see it as a big deal and I actually learned from past mistakes that pushing only begets pushing back. But more than that, I'm just not ready. She frequently tells me she needs to go potty (usually it's when I'm rushing like a mad woman to get breakfast ready and lunches packed and little people dressed and out the door to school or some other such craziness, all of which she wants me to stop and sit with her while she doesn't go potty), to which I sigh and say, "You have a diaper on, just go in that." I know, I'm a shoe-in for that glowing "Mother of the Year" award! I've already picked out the dress for the awards ceremony.

Aiden and Zoe have taken matters into their own hands. Aiden has become a bit of a mother hen to Zoe and likes to baby her. He's been taking her into the bathroom and helping her set up her little throne and encouraging her to go potty. She obliges willingly, even goes to him instead of distracted/careless mom when she has to go. Does she actually tinkle? Nary a drop. But it sure is fun! I know I should take advantage of her eagerness, but frankly, I think it's all just an excuse to release the pent up nudist in her.

No comments: