Jun 5, 2008

May ~ the month that got away

Ok, I know I've been a major blogger-slacker. Really? Over a month?! Well, now we're going to play a little game called Catch-Up. Exciting as they were (well, they were for me, but probably a bit ho-hum for you), these were the major events of May in the Wasson household. . .

I'm still not quite sure how it happened, but somehow 2 years just flew by and this bitty bundle

has become this !

I'm flabbergasted! Where did the time go? How did my baby get to be a 2 year old?! Considering that (at this moment) we don't anticipate any other newborns in our household (at least not from my tired loins), it's really quite tragic that my baby is growing so darn fast. I keep telling her to slow down, but she insists she has to keep up with the older kids. **Sigh!**

-------------------------------------------------------
The hubby and I decided we needed a family vacation badly. We were evil parents and took our kids out of school for as long as we could without getting in trouble with "the man". We packed up our meager belongings, and headed out on a fantastic voyage to the wild and wooley North (ok, we just headed up to Oklahoma, but it does get colder in the winter there). Once again, Chris's parents extended their hospitality to our rather large family of locusts and allowed us to come and clean them out of all food items (and I'm quite certain, Sanity). It was a wonderful break from real life. We just chilled a great deal. We spent a lot of time outdoors (unfortunately a lot of my pictures of the trip were corrupted, **Sniff , and Uber-Sigh **) . . .


We hit the neighborhood garage sales (Mimi and Pop generously gave the kids a wad to blow on previously-loved treasures). The kids each walked away with a ton of new books. How sad am I that they want to spend their money on books?!

We also had a fun (and messy) birthday party for Miss Zoe. (Please note the purple schmooze dripping from her arm. Yeah, my child is turning purple from her new strict Blueberry diet) As evidenced by these tongues, Zoe wasn't the only one who consumed blueberries with wreckless abandon.
I'm pretty certain we cost Mimi and Pop a fortune in Blueberries alone!


While there, we were also treated to a fun trip to Incredible Pizza (a favorite of my kids) and we played, ate, and had a ball. It was a fabulous trip. Well worth it and we came home sad to face the real world again, but feeling refreshed. Thanks again Mom and Dad!

-----------------------------------------------------------

A week after we got back, Mimi and Pop then came to visit us for a big event . . .can you guess?
Yep! My eight year old got baptized! I've said it before, I'll say it again ~ I am so old!
It was a beautiful day! Kolbi's friend Mya was able to attend, as well as Mimi and Pop and several wonderful supporters from the Ward. She was so petrified of putting her head under water! It took a father's blessing, lots of prayers, and lots of practice before she felt somewhat ready. When the time came, standing at the font steps, she wore a terrified expression. But she took a deep breath, stepped into the water, and DID it!!!! I'm so proud of her and she's so relieved it's over.
I have some sad feelings about this day however . . . My parents weren't able to make it because my Grandfather (who is living with them) became ill and was in the hospital. As beautiful as the day was, there was definitely something missing. It turns out too, that the baptism pictures are some of the ones that were corrupted. AAaaaggghh!!!! Hopefully Mimi and Pop got some good pictures. Plus, this is a major step in a young life, I can't believe my babies are growing up so fast! Where's the pause button?!?! Somebody make it stop!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
All in all, May was a real whirl-wind of adventures. Hence, the blogging break. I still have some catching up to do. Stay tuned and see if I actually do it . . .

3 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you are back to the blogging world. You've missed out on so much! ;)

I can't believe how big all the kids are looking! I LOVE the pics!

We would love to come visit you guys sometime this summer!

Kristy said...

Many milestones! Glad you're back blogging, and looking forward to catching up.

Amy Pennington said...

Wow you really did have a busy month. I love those baptism pics. Sorry to hear about your grandpa I hope he feels better soon. Lovin' the music choices on your blog this morning...takin' it back old school!