Jun 13, 2008

An amazing lady and a worthy cause



I have a friend, Adrian, whom I adore. I can't say enough good things about her (and they're all true!) She has undertaken the incredible task of joining the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk. Wow! I wish I had the ___________ (Guts/time/energy/werewithall ~ Fill in the blank) to do the same. Currently it's one of many things on my exceedingly long "Someday" list.

Adrian's determination just adds to plethora of thing I admire about her. Unfortunately I can't do much to support her cause financially, but I wanted to spread the word about her incredible work. Check out her website journaling her progress. If you feel so inclined to donate to a very worthy cause, there's a link to donate to Adrian's run.

As I post this the familiar lines from a church song keep running through my brain . . . . "

There are chances for work all around just now,
Opportunities right in our way.
Do not let them pass by
Saying "sometime I'll try",
But go and do something today.

Maybe I need to be more like my friend Adrian and go and do something today. Way to go Adrian! You rock girl! If any of you out in blogland wish to join Adrian in her worthy cause , this is how you sign up . . . Breast Cancer 3-Day

5 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

I love the 3-day walks....I just wish they did them for other causes like type 1 betes. What a great friend you have. have a great weekend!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

That's awesome of her. Man, that makes my feet hurt to think about right now though.

Karin

Kristy said...

That is excellent! What an admirable friend.

Heidi said...

Yeah, I always think, "I'm going to do that someday." And then I sit down on my couch and watch the six hour Pride and Prejudice. Again.

Adrian C said...

Awwww, thanks girl! You are too sweet to add me to your blog! Much love xxoo