Dec 22, 2007

Over the river and through the woods

The results from Chris's finals are all in--he rocked all of them amazingly! He will now be able to move on to Tri Seven. For those of you not familiar, Parker Chiropractic is a three year program broken up into 9 trimesters (3 months on, two weeks or so off). It's a grueling process and this last trimester was the toughest so far. He had Board tests over his last mini-break, then there were the fabulous clinic entrance exams in the midst of all the regular school stuff he had to keep up with. Whew!!! He actually gets about a month break for Christmas. I have high hopes for a wonderful break!

Well, we made it! In true pioneer fashion, we loaded up the wagon, and headed out over the river and through the woods for grand adventures. We are now in the Sooner state. It's a good thing Santa is magic--how else could he load all the loot in his tiny sleigh? We were overwrought with presents in our little van! I still don't know how we packed it all in, or how we're going to get even more presents home. More importantly, I'm still amazed at the multitude of blessings we have that we can't fit them in!

It took a lot of work to get here, I tell ya! Friday was a day of DRAMA! Among other dramas that set us back a couple hours, the boys both broke out in hives for some mysterious reason. We think it's some new crackers I purchased and they've been wolfing down like little piggies. We were really nervous about Aiden, especially when it hit his face, but by Saturday morning they were mostly gone. On top of that, I came down with some kind of flu-like bug and the system hasn't been able to reboot itself yet. What a crappy couple months of getting sick eh Amy and Leisha?

It's been wonderful being here, despite not feeling well. How fabulous to have, not one, but three other adults to help me entertain/corral/ and supervise the mini-monkeys! Christmas is upon us and along with the rest of the troop, I'm feeling the excitement!

Here's wishing you all a Merry Christmas!!!

8 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

girl i feel ya on the sickness thing....i am headache free after having one hellofa headache over a 3 day period. good to hear you are in the process of having a fabulous holiday!

Kristy said...

Congrats to Chris! Have fun in OK, and hope y'all feel better soon!

Leisha Mareth said...

That is such good news about all the tests, etc. Way to go! Rachel broke out in hives almost 2 weeks ago (and I think Amy's Megan did too...) it must be some weird viral thing going around??? Our Dr. said it just had to work it's way out of her system! I hope your boys are better! Merry belated Christmas!

Heidi said...

At least you're there and you're safe and you're not quite so outnumbered. That counts for a lot!

Amy Pennington said...

I love your new music....don't you just love michael buble and pennies from heaven:) makes me smile!

Kiera said...

I hope you had a great Christmas and New Years! Congrats on Chris passing his finals! That must be exciting.

Amy Pennington said...

here is that website I told you about!

http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/

Have fun! I will not be advertising this great new found love on my page...just cause!

Amy Pennington said...

or you could get a premade one from pyzam.com

well done I think it looks good!