
Ten years ago, I met a hottie. A hottie named Chris.
(Sorry, my pictures are a result of taking a picture of an old picture--so they're poor quality, but you get the idea. Man I need a scanner! :)
It didn't take me long to realize what a rare find and a treasure he was and to snatch him up for myself (much to the chagrin of his current girlfriend). He could make me laugh like no one else. We had such fun together. I had found my best friend.
Things clicked from the first time we spent the whole night talking up on Squaw Peak. Our fate was sealed from that day on, and we've never spent a whole day apart since. We were baby-faced, wide-eyed, and immediately in love. We had a whirlwind romance, a quick (but oh so right) engagement.
On a brisk but clear winter day, December 20th, 1997 we were married in the Mt. Timpanogos temple.
Today as I look back, I keep hearing a Kenny Chesney song on the radio that is so fitting. In it he says:
Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap
and you wake up and you're twenty-five
and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife.
Don't blink.
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did.
Turning into moms and dads.
Next thing you know, your "better half" of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead.
Trust me friend, a hundred years goes faster than you think!
So don't blink!
How true. 10 years! Where did the time go? I do feel like I blinked and here we are. We were so young, niave to the trials we would face, full of hopes and dreams for our future together. There have been so many things I couldn't have anticipated. Ten years later, we're still holding strong and in the process of making those dreams come true. We have 4 beautiful children that fill our lives with love, laughter, and sometimes sweet tears. We've faced so much together and hopefully are stronger for it.
To my Sweetheart, thank you for 10 beautiful years! I wouldn't trade all the ups and downs, laughter and tears, sorrows and smiles for anything! Here's to another 10 wonderful years!
9 comments:
aaawwwwww!!! Alicia! That was a great blog! I remember all that stuff! I even took the pic of you "flying" on chris' back. :) I remember the COLD COLD day at the temple when we took pics outside without any jackets on in short-sleeved dresses. It was a good time though. CONGRATS on 10 years. I can't believe it!! You guys are an inspiration to me.
Thanks Bronwyn. Getting such awesome in-laws has definitely been a huge perk.
Well, at least great sister-on-law... haha JK :)
beautiful blog...yall are so cute..and young. I love the mt timp temple. I watched it being built and the year it got dedicated was the year i got baptized...awesome huh! congrats on 10 yrs!
For some reason I can't see the pics...waaaaaah! I'll check back later, but oh, such a nice post to your sweetie! And I must say I'm shocked you are a boyfriend-stealer! (j/k!) Happy Anniversary!
Congratulations! That's a very sweet entry ... and so true! Life moves quickly. You are a great couple and wonderful family.
Merry Christmas, too!
Thanks Gals! Congrats on being baptized 10+ years Amy! That's awesome!
Leisha, I don't know why the pics aren't working either, when I get back home I'll fiddle with it and see what I can do. As far as being a boyfriend stealer--a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! Am I right or am I right?
Thanks Kristy! Merry Christmas to you and your boys too! As for the plaintiff? Well, we know who's getting coal in his stocking this year don't we!
Bronwyn, the kids are really missing Bennett! Aiden keeps asking when Bennett will get to Mimi and Pops!
You guys are too cute! Congrats on 10 years. It is really true how time flies.
Post a Comment