Oct 27, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes (a.k.a. Heard in the Trenches)

Aiden: "Mom, there's a fly on you, I'm gonna have to punch you on the back!"
....................................................................

Jonah: (to the adorable 3 year old Jonathan) "I'm going to be a dragon tonight for Trunk-or-Treat."

Jonathan: (in all seriousness) "Don't fire me okay."

Jonah: (equally serious) "Don't worry, I won't fire you."

....................................................................

Aiden: (en route to Kolbi and Jonah's school) "Mom are we going to pick up the Monkins?"

...................................................................

Kolbi: (scouring through her trick-or-treat bag) "Mom!! I got Mike & Likes! Those are my favorites! Even though I've never tried them before."

....................................................................

Aiden woke in the night with a bad dream. After putting him back to bed, I crawled back into mine.

Chris: (mumbles something)

Me: "hmmm?"

Chris: (sitting up and leaning over me) "con da gincha de gambo?"

Me: ( *???* ) "um, yeah."

Chris: (pats my arm three times, then rolls over)

Me: *snicker*


**I include this under the title of Out of the Mouths of Babes because I think Chris is a babe!**
......................................................

Lance: Sunflower seeds taste like tater tots.

Isaac: Can I have some more tater tot seeds?

**both are boys from our babysitting swap**

......................................................

7 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

Yay, I can finally get in here! What a clever blog you have here! You have one of the cutest families around!

Amy Pennington said...

they do say some pretty cute stuff...i saw you drivin today!

Valerie said...

I agree with Leisha...glad to finally see your blog. I love all the stuff kids say. So funny! Your kiddos were especially cute at trunk-or-treat.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Kids do say the darndest things. How fun. Matt always talks in his sleep too... I love it. It is fun to hold conversations with him and see what he comes up with.

Tell Chris thanks for coming over tonight. It's always fun having him.

Karin

Heidi said...

I love your blog--I just found it, and have thoroughly enjoyed it . . .

gdpsmp said...

Thanks for all the fun. I love the day to day with my grandkids that are too far away to see often.
love,
mom

gdpsmp said...

Thanks for all the fun. I love the day to day with my grandkids that are too far away to see often.
love,
mom