Oct 22, 2007

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Where in the world did October go??????? Ok, so I'm a bit behind on my blogging. I have a plethora of ideas, but I've had zippo time to actually post. I will attempt to be better, but don't hold your breath. :)

Let's catch up on what's been happening these last few weeks, shall we?

The Good:
  • Friday was a big day for Chris. He finally got the results from the Board Tests he took the beginning of September. He passed with flying colors! I knew he would and I'm grateful he can take that weight off his shoulders now. He also aced two other tests he took of Friday! What a stud! Way to go hon!
  • Christmas came early for me and Kolbi this year. Some rich family decided their daughter or the mom needed an entire new fall wardrobe and GAVE AWAY their old stuff. Guess who ended up with it? Ya me! Chris brought home four big Glad bags of amazing stuff! Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, Polo, Hollister, Express, Etc. Stuff I only buy once in a blue moon from the clearance rack if it's been marked down three times. Luckily it was almost all my size or Kolbi's. I counted 20 new tops in one bag alone--just the tip of the iceberg! Merry Christmas to me eh? Kolbi got hooked up too. One bag contained a ton of dress up clothes (apparently another daughter was in dance for many years) and the outfits fit her perfectly. She's all set for Halloween this year! She also got some clothes that will fit her next year (Children's place, Gap kids, Old Navy, etc). I feel like I just won the lottery or a shopping spree at the mall! I've never owned so many clothes at one time in my life let alone so many NICE things! Talk about huge blessings!
  • We live two miles from Alliance Gateway airport and they had their annual Air Show this weekend. Chris crammed his studying in in the morning and we all headed out just after lunch. Fun was had by all and I will have to post pics later--it was awesome to see the Blue Angels! Afterwards we picked up some junk/fast food and headed home to watch Surf's Up picnic style in our living room. The kids had a ball. Cute show, yucky food (but I didn't have to cook so I don't care), fun family day!
  • Enrichment night was Thursday night. It was nice to get away without kiddos for a while. The best part though was that they served a bunch of delicious soups, corn bread, and apple cobbler (all yummy!) but there wasn't a HUGE turnout so there was a lot left over. I know an amazing family that's really struggling financially due to some bad breaks recently and my heart really goes out to them. Oft times, they go hungry for lack of money for food. I always wish I could help them out more, but just don't have the resources myself. Well, I got to be an instrument in the Lord's hands by taking a lot of the extra food over to this family's house afterwards. The look on the parent's faces was so touching. The Lord really does know each of us and uses other people to bless us. What a testimony builder! I got to feel a little bit like my amazing friend Amy who is always jumping at the chance to bless people's lives (just check out her site and you'll know what I mean).

The Bad:

  • We've been dealing with the fall sickies lately. Nothing huge so far, Zoe's been transformed into a slimy slug. She leaves a trail of green snot behind her where ever she goes Obviously she spends a lot of time cuddled up to me--I've been SLIMED!! Jonah, after complaining all morning his tummy hurt, hurled in the car on the way to drop Kolbi off for school. To my much relief, he'd been giving me warning all morning so his new best friend, the big green puke bowl, was accompanying him and served it's purpose. Not a drop in the car *whew!* He acts like nothing ever happened now, but I was supposed to watch all the kiddos for the babysitting swap this morning and had to bow out. Sorry girls!

The Ugly:
  • You know how you put a baby in the pool with a super-absorbent diaper on and it expands to a 1000 times it's size? Well, we had an indoor demonstration this morning. Zoe drank lots of water this morning and, well, you get the picture. Unfortunately, before I could change her, she managed to snag her diaper on something and yucky diaper gel fell out all over the floor. Say it with me now, EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!! Yeah, not fun! That'll learn me to wait to change her eh? The girl's slimy from both ends! Time to get out the rain slickers!

3 comments:

gdpsmp said...

Sorry for the yukky. Hope you are doing better at your house. We are all well.

Kirsten does not have the link to your blogg. I tried emailing it to her but it would not transfer. Her email is gorskik@comcast.net. Your brothers forgot to tell their wives that you had a blogg. They know now but I don't know if they have the site on their home computer.

gdpsmp said...

Congratulations Chris! We knew you could do it.

Amy Pennington said...

I love it when you blog...thanks for the shout out! You rock!!!!
Congrats Chris...and congrats on all the new clothes how fun is that! Hopefully lil slug will feel better soon and where did the month go?