Feb 10, 2009

Bella Vista Rocks!

This is the post where I get to be one of those obnoxious friends who lures you to her house with promises of a game night or treats, or something equally innocuous but . . . upon entering, you discover her ulterior motive as you spy the slide projector and screen all assembled and cued up to elucidate every in and out of her summer vacation (ok, winter in my case). So sit back, pull up a chair, please suppress your yawns, and you're welcome to pop some popcorn for what will most certainly be a thrill-a-minute ride. (Ha, ha, . . . Suckers!) :)


I mentioned in my catch-up post that Chris and I enjoyed a wonderful little getaway to Bella Vista, Arkansas courtesy of Chris's parents. This is what we enjoyed . . .

Our little condo had a mini-kitchen where we actually cooked a few healthy meals.


The adjacent living room where we did a lot of vegging and napping. (you're jealous of the carefree lifestyle, aren't you? I know I am.)


Bella Vista was surprisingly beautiful! It was cold and brown, but beautiful considering we went in the dead of winter. We went on a nature trail hike and found these beautiful sights . . .
(Chris says I look like I'm photoshopped into this picture. Was I really there? Oh, You don't know!)

We got some raucous teeny-boppers to take this picture for us. They then proceeded to climb over the fence into the forbidden area and torture this poor waterfall with their cacophony of teenage-ness. Tsk, tsk!


A local reservoir . . . Isn't it quaint with all of the cute little houses? Nice place for a summer home eh? We're looking into that little white one in the middle with our vast amounts of wealth. We'll be sure to show you lots of slides of it when we get it. You're so fortunate to be our friends aren't you?


On our nature trail hike there were some wild rock formations just beggin' to be climbed on (and sat upon) . . . and we obnoxiously obliged . . . and took pictures of our helpfulness.



All in all, Bella Vista was a nice place and a wonderful opportunity to relax and let our hair down a little bit . . .


Obviously some of us let our hair down more than others . . .


So (will someone please turn up the lights?) do you feel enlightened yet? Do you wish you had been there? Well, if you're lucky I'll send you a t-shirt . . . but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. It's an unhealthy practice.

1 comment:

Corless Family said...

So nice you got to get away without the kids. I hope we get to do that this summer (its never happened in our whole married life!).