Nov 11, 2008

What's seriously kicking my booty!

LAUNDRY!!!!

As some of you may know, we've been packing up a lot of stuff and prepping the house to look fabulous for selling. I've been busier than usual with said projects, plus 4 kiddos, a husband who's in the throws of studying for his final and biggest board test ("Down with part IV!!!"), book reports (Kolbi's, yuck!), well you get the picture . . . . my point is, basically . . . I'm a big whiner!

Anyhoo, laundry has kind of fallen by the wayside, and in a house of 6, that means we've been buried in laundry. And let me tell you, someone has a stinky sock problem in this household!! Uh, Not pretty!

Yesterday and today have been laundry catch-up day. It's a good thing my little washer and dryer are such clydesdale work horses trapped in a shetland pony body (Boy do I ever dream of those lovely, spacious front loaders where you can wash a jillion pairs of jeans, all the towels in the house and a mattress at the same time!) These poor things are moaning and puffing, "I think I can! I think I can!"

Sadly, these pictures don't even represent all of the laundry stuck in individual laundry baskets. On a Pollyanna side note . . . we are truly blessed to have enough clothes to prevent unwanted nudity in our house. (although certain members of this household are perfectly pleased with the skin they're in and prefer to show it off with a few well-placed accessories rather than cover it up with frivolous drapings and trappings).

Poor Aiden can attest that mom sometimes gets in these overzealous "modes" (i.e., laundry mode, dishwashing mode, hair-cutting mode, etc.) and if you get in her way . . . well, it's your funeral.

8 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Well...I don't have an excuse for my laundry pile up! I have the front loading happy snappy machines and I still avoid doing laundry!

Mom of 7 said...

I'm not even moving and that is what my laundry tends to look like to often. I then get in a mode and get it all done and then two days later, I think "what the heck happened, I just got caught up!!!!" Love the pictures. Love ya sis

Corless Family said...

I totally get how you can get behind on the laundry. With my house of 8 you can just miss one day and you are behind! Mondays are my day of crazy laundry! Good luck!!!

valgae said...

good luck slaying the laundry dragon!! I hate the laundry dragon too. cute pix of the kiddos!! you rule!!;)

Leisha Mareth said...

Ha! Love it! Are you my long lost twin?

Isn't it amazing how fast that laundry stacks up! I'll take stinky socks over a serious bum-wiping issue!

Not to be entirely gross or anything, but if I don't get to the laundry the dog will chew nice little holes in the bums of said little person's undies.

Fun.

monkie mama said...

I see the light Leisha! I will forever be grateful for my stinky sock problems. :)

Kristy said...

Laundry has always been the bane of my existence! I haven't ever been able to find a system that will help me keep up with it. Looks like you're doing very well, though!

Kristy said...

Oh ... and thank you SO much for the Office laughs this morning! I couldn't stop watching. :)