Jan 24, 2008

Heard in the trenches

Aiden: Mom, could I put a monkey and a duck on my Christmas list?

------------
Aiden (who was very proud of the shirt he picked out and put on by himself): Charity, do you like my shirt? It has buttons.

Charity: . . . What??

---------------------------

Kolbi was complaining her eye was bothering her. I couldn't find anything in it.

Me: (to Chris) do you think putting a few drops of saline in her eye would help?

Kolbi: A CUP OF SAND!?!?!?!?!?

---------------------------

Jonah retrieved the mail from the mailbox for me. In it he found a copy of Better Homes and Gardens. After seeing an ad for Dove ProAge on the back cover, he proceeded to run up the driveway screaming, "She's naked! Mom, she's naked!" whilst waving the magazine in the air. Chris's response: "Well, the neighbors are never going to look at me the same again."

------------------------------

Aiden and I were washing our hands with some yummy smelling coconut soap.

Me: MMM, you smell good enough to eat. Can I eat you for lunch please?

Aiden: No you can't eat me, I'm a kid.

Me: So?

Aiden: You can't eat kids?

Me: Why?

Aiden: Cause kids are family!

AAhh, It's all clear now!

-----------------------------------------

Overheard from the other room.

Aiden: (screaming~ lest you forget, his volume button is broken) But I HAVE to marry her!

Kolbi: (I didn't hear her response)

Aiden: No, she's a girl! Jonah and I have to marry girls! (growing heated)

Me: Aiden, what's going on?

Aiden: (Stomping into room). Mom, I have to marry Olivia!

Me: (Surpressing a smile--this is serious stuff here after all!) Oh really? Why?

Aiden: Because she drew me a picture!

Me: Okay bud. (he stomps off again)

Chris: I wish I would have known that rule a long time ago. I lead a lot of little girls on!

Me: Heartbreaker!!

--------------------------------------
Aiden got a new stuffed puppy and we were discussing names for it.

Me: What do you want to call him?

Aiden: Frart.

Me: Frart?!?

Aiden: Yes. It's a good name.

Me: Frart?!? Are you sure you don't want to call him something else?

Aiden: Well, maybe Austin.

Me: Good choice.

4 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

those are great....

Bronwyn said...

hahaha...Oh man...I wish Bennett could spend time with his funny cousins!

Leisha Mareth said...

Ohhh, that cracks me up! I love it. Kids are so literal and amusing. At Christmas my Mom and I were discussing whether to make Au Gratin or Mashed Potatoes. Suddenly Rachel pipes up, "I like mashed...you can eat your 'all rotten' potatoes yourselves!"

monkie mama said...

Ha ha! I love Rachel!