Flashback with me to last week. I was cuddling niavely with my sweet Zoe sitting on my lap (Chris will roll his eyes when he reads this since it's happened so many times before he doesn't understand why I don't learn. But a mommy's gotta cuddle--I'm not willing to give it up for two brace-filled years. *sigh* maybe I will now). It was a cozy scene until she decided to throw a fit about who-knows-what and pushed up with her legs, thus propelling her incredibly adorable (but incredibly solid) noggin into my unsuspecting face. She got me square in the mouth whereupon, my lip smashed solidly into my braces leaving a row of square holes on the inside of my lip. Ouch! It bled, it swelled, but started to heal fairly quickly.
Jump ahead with me now to two days later, while on the mend, I substituted in nursery. Dun, dun, dun!!! While there, my sweet daughter managed to bonk me in the face with a toy--like magnetic attraction, this toy hit me directly on my already swollen lip. On top of that, another mini-nursery-person bonked me there the same day. All I can say is "What's the deal!!!??"
After church, Chris looks at me and winces. "Whoa your lip looks bad!" he says. I looked in mirror to find my lip obscenely swollen and huge! I'm not talking Angelina Jolie huge,
I'm talking Tea Leoni from Fun With Dick & Jane after she has the horrific reaction to bad botox huge. (I wouldn't officially recommend people see the movie since it has some questionable materials in it, but oh-my-word, what a hilarious show!!!!)
I couldn't find a picture of said lip on Tea Leoni, but it looks a little something like this
especially since those holes have now turned into lovely cankers. Ain't it purty?That, accompanied by my multiple bruises in lovely varying shades of purple, green and yellow, (due to my own endless supply of clutziness), well, I look like Chris has been beating me. Hopefully some nosy neighbor doesn't turn us in to DHS.
So basically I'm a mess right now. Too bad it didn't happen (if it had to happen at all) during Halloween, I'd make a pretty scary ghoul or maybe an incredibly untalented kick-boxer! Oh well, to cuddle or not to cuddle. That is the question.
4 comments:
Ouch! I've never had braces so I guess I can't really relate. But I can imagine how painful that would be.
Those cankers are horrible...hope they heal fast!
Well, at least you get lips that everyone is paying big money for!
OH MAN! I had braces in high school but thankfully never got smacked in the mouth like that. I hope you are healed up.
Post a Comment