I'm late, late, late, (it took me a while to get it together, pics didn't want to upload--probably too offensive) but I thought I'd share in our Halloween fun. The kids had a ball at the tri-ward trunk-or-treat. Of course, they came home with bucko-candy (the chocolate variety was sampled for good measure by Chris and myself later that night. Shhh!!)
On the actual night of Halloween, we were invited to the Conway's house.
Justin is an old friend of Chris's from before the days when he (Chris) was know to strut his muscular stuff at the high school Mr. Beef contest (I know! I'm dying to see the video of it too! Hint, hint, wink, wink Justin!). **Tee Hee! Read this post quick everybody 'cause Chris will shut me down when he reads this!** They grew up together in Oklahoma and have known each other forever. Joy of all joys, Justin and Chris both ended up in Texas (within 45 minutes of each other no less). Sing it with me now . . . It's a small world after all! Justin's wife Adrian is fabulous too--She's gorgeous and I don't think I've ever seen her stop smiling. We have so much fun hanging out with them. I laughed so much that night my cheeks are still sore. They have an adorable dog, Bearon, who was equally decked out in festive attire (he unfortunately got locked away for the night since my ridiculous boys were TERRIFIED of his sweet little self--poor, poor, Bearon!). Scared of creepy Halloween decorations? Not so much. Sweet, little Bearon? Histerics! That's a whole post in and of itself!
The Conways need to buy stock in Halloween decorations, because they must have bought up the whole supply in a 10 mile radius. Justin is also a genius at making Halloween decorations. Last year he created the most life-like (or would that be dead-like?) skeletons out of Mcgyver-ish supplies. Check out these bad boys!
When he gets his web site up for selling his wares I'll post it for ya and you can check out his creepy friends.Even with all of the mini-monkey noise and madness we bring into their beautiful (huge, every- square- inch- decorated- in- Halloween- attire, puts- our- house- to- shame) home, they keep inviting us back. Saints? I definitely think so! A little bit crazy? Quite possibly. Or maybe we're just really good birth-control eh? :)
Anyhoo, we trick-or-treated their neighborhood, then headed back to their house where we found Adrian sitting in a monkey suit (without the mask or gloves--too sweaty she said) handing out candy. The kids explored the endless halloween decorations, snuck way too much candy (Justin busted out the Fear Factor candy just for the monkies, mmmm slimy slugs and caterpillars!), and were quite entertained by the plethora of prop knives and a package of costume mustaches! We talked, played, and laughed late into the night (well past monkey-bedtime anyways).
Check out these photos to see what I mean.
Mini Groucho Marx
Heir Docktor
Doesn't the smiley-face shirt totally fit the image?
Aiden says he looks like grandpa now.
Note the mini-psycho playing with the knife in the corner?
It's a good thing she's surrounded by adult supervision eh?
Thanks again Conways! It was definitely a night to remember!
(p.s. Sorry Bearon!)
6 comments:
great pics...glad you have some friends with a big enough house;) to entertain you all! it looks like fun!
I wish some of my high school friends would end up in Texas! Looks like a fun Halloween! Those skeletons are aMAZing!
tag you are it go read my blog!
Hey I just found your blog! It is nice to have friends that you have known forever around. I don't have that, but it would be nice!
ps. I think your kids are sooo cute!
-Kiera
Alicia, All I can say is it is delightful to have my ultra creative daughter back in full bloom. I love your blog and your sharing the kiddos and "the hunk" with us via it. Is it just me or does there seem to be an over abundance of hurl, slime, snot and other fun family traditions going on in here?..lol. Sounds like family time and about par for the course. Fun costumes and sounds like you had a blast at the party. What a fun thing to have Chris' old mate move there. Love ya, Dad
I can't wait to see you guys!!! Are you coming to BA for thanksgiving? I keep hearing something different. We are so there and I hope to see you and your adorable kids. Bennett is going to have a blast with them!
Post a Comment