Jul 30, 2010

Heard in the trenches

We have some issues in our household with staying seated at the dinner table and having some semblance of etiquette, as evidenced by Zoe's prayer: "Please help us to eat and eat and not play at the table. It's not a toy, it's a table to put food on . . . . Amen"
___________________________

The kids were *ehem* "eating lunch" and their conversation went like this:

Zoe: "Jonah, this carrot is as big as a GIANT!"

Jonah: "How big is a giant?"

Zoe: "Hmmm. . . . like a hundred pounds!"

Jonah: "I think mom even weighs a hundred pounds. Don't you mom?"

Me: "Um, let me think about that . . . Yeah."

___________________________________________

Zoe ran over her foot with the door . . . "Ow!" She winced, "I hurted my thumb toe!"

________________________________________________

Mimi (Chris's mom) asked "Zoe, why are you so cute?" Zoe replied matter-of-factly, "Because I took a shower today."

______________________________________________

Kolbi painted Zoe's little fingernails pink. Zoe held up her hands in admiration and stated, "When the boys see my fingers is painted they will want to kiss me on the lips!"

Dad gasped and said, "They'd better not or I'll slap them silly!"

Zoe replied incredulously, "Why daddy? I LOVE boys!"

______________________________________________

After walking through the park, dodging goose poop on the ground, watching the geese graze and swim in he pond, we found some large webbed footprints in the sand.

"Aiden," I asked, "Do you know what made those footprints?"

"Yep!" He replied confidently, "Chickens!!"
_____________________________________________

No comments: