Aug 5, 2008

How to be a mean mother

Chris found this in the form of a framed picture for me. . . My kids have been calling me "mean" lately. Now I take it as a compliment.

How to be a MEAN MOTHER

A mean mother never allows candy or sweets to take the place of a well-balanced meal.

A mean mother insists on knowing where her children are at all times, who their friends are and what they do.

A mean mother breaks the child labor law by making her children work--washing dishes, making beds, learning to cook, and doing other cruel and unpleasant chores.

A mean mother makes life miserable for her offspring by insisting that they always tell the truth

A mean mother produces teenagers who are wiser and more sensible.

A mean mother can smile with secret delight and pride when she hears her own grandchildren call their parents "mean". What the world needs now is more mean mothers!

7 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Yay for mean moms! ;)

Amy Pennington said...

nice list;)

Mom of 7 said...

Ooh I get called mean all the time. I like this.

Amy Pennington said...

hey girl...the splash park is in roanoke! behind walmart!

Leisha Mareth said...

Amen sistah!

Heidi said...

Hmmm. Now I'm neither nice nor mean. Maybe just mediocre?

valgae said...

hey there girlie!! i just entered this whole bloggin world. great to see your life on here. your kiddos are getting so stinkin big!!!